Sunday, March 7, 2010

Meal #3


Hey Everyone! Time for a new post!

It's been a week since my last post (sorry!) and I have new recipes and have made new discoveries :)

Last week I made Orange Tofu, Garlic Artichoke with Oregano Dip and stir fried vegetables. The Orange Sesame Tofu came out really well! The flavors were great and it took no time to make. I just combined corn starch with OJ, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce (wheat free) and spices into a baking dish. Mixed it all together and then put the slices of tofu in the pan and put it in the over for 20-30 minutes. The only complaint I have about this recipe was that the texture of the tofu. I think next time I might quickly panfry the tofu so that it has a crunchier exterior. I'll have to play with this one.



The artichoke dip was great! I would definitely put that out at a "dinner soiree" or just keep some in my fridge for snacking. This was also incredibly easy to make. Just combine all the spices and artichoke hearts in a pan and put in the oven for 45 minutes!


I have to admit that Scott made the sauteed vegetables. He just chopped up broccoli and onion and sauteed them with garlic, a little soy sauce and chili pepper flakes.

As for new discoveries, I tried soy yogurt for the first time! It actually tasted pretty much the same as regular yogurt. It does have a slight after-soy taste but it's good and creamy :)




Health Tip for Meal #3:


Artichoke: One artichoke contains approximately one fourth of an average sized adults fiber needs. The artichoke is also rich in vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and magnesium. An artichoke is naturally fat free and very low in calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment